Hmm. I'm not even sure why I decided to post again. There's not much going on. I don't even have any big issues today. Oh, wait, I do have one. I have a problem with fake flowers. I like to buy them. Too much. I'm cutting myself off from Michael's. Don't let me go in there. Seriously. It's got to stop.
On a different tangent, I was thinking the other day (I do this often, the thinking thing. It's a habit) about how completely and utterly unpredictable life is. I realize that we make plans, and often those plans go according to plan, but still. Think about it. You plan to go somewhere or do whatever, but you can never account for the thousands of factors that contribute to the rest of life. Conversations rarely follow any set pattern or structure, unless they're one person talking about a specific subject over and over again (but that doesn't really count as a conversation to me). I could have never predicted that I'd be where I am today. I figured I'd be at UBC, and that's as far as I got. But really, as crappy as this year has been, it's also been quite wonderful.
The day before yesterday, I suddenly decided to look at universities who have bachelor's degrees in technical theatre. So far, my plan had been to go back to UBC. Lately, I've been a bit wary of that decision. I'm not convinced that UBC has the best program. So I started looking at schoolfinder.com and reading about the schools that have theatre degrees available. The only ones that looked viable are clear across the country. One's in Montreal, and the other is in Corner Brook, Newfoundland. And the one in Newfoundland interests me the most. So now I'm actually thinking about moving to Newfoundland after second year Mal. And the thing is, I know I could do it. It freaks me out, but I know I'd be ok after a week or two. I'd probably cry and call people and be all lonely for a while, but I've done that before and got out fine. I'm not sure about transferring, so I'm going to email both schools and ask them about that, but if they accept transfers, and if I get accepted, I'll go. I'll pack up my most important things, and I'll head across the country. Just a few days ago, I was thinking about going to a new province for school, and I didn't want to. I don't want to be out of the loop, I don't want to come back and not know my friends because we've all changed too much. However, I want out of Nanaimo. I don't have any romantic ties, I'm not in my own place, I want a full degree, and I'm young. I can't see a better time for me to move. Also, fourth year students at Sir Wilfred Grenfell College have the opportunity to study in England for a semester. I know I shouldn't be getting excited before I know all the facts, but I can't help wanting. I suppose I should email them and THEN get excited if it works out. Yes, that's a good plan. And we all know how plans go...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
what a cool idea...maybe ill join you...doubtful but still ive always wanted to move east. hahaha
much love
Post a Comment