Monday, March 19, 2007

Where have all the good men gone?

I may not get married, but I want to have sons. I want to have at least one son, so that I can raise at least one man to love and respect women and be close to the people around him and be a good, strong, mature, healthy man. That's one of my life goals as of recently.

My mum came home exhausted and at the end of her patience with my step-"father's" lock on the bathroom door. I heard a crash and guess what? The door had magically opened after she applied a bit of pressure with her foot over the doorknob. Go figure. Helge came home just as I was reattaching the piece that had splintered off, and Mum was taking off the entire knob. Of course, this led to a large argument that I just got out of. I handled myself much better. The rage didn't take over. Instead, I just feel so sad that this man cannot even have an argument without insulting all the parties involved. He even started insulting himself, saying stuff like, 'Oh, you'll have to explain that for me, I didn't have a college education, I'm so stupid.' Neither my mum nor I had ever implied that he was stupid, and I said that. I can't comprehend how he is so incapable of respect and dignity. He did his usual accusing Mum of being a liar and such. At one point I called said something about how I was less of an asshole than him, and he said, "No, there's no bigger asshole than you." or something to that effect. So of course, I asked him to back that up. He replied with the fact that I had lasted 2 months with a roommate, and had said mean things about Sicalia. I said, yeah, I was such an asshole. I let her boyfriend have a key and full access to our house. What an asshole I must be. Besides, it was longer than 2 months. And I brought up the fact that his daughter, Lindsay, who is an awesome woman, also went through lots of roommates and got kicked out of at least one place that I remember. Also, Helge is getting divorced from his third wife! Three failed marriages! I'm a 19 year old, of course I'm going to screw up a little. He seems to think that it was my fault that Sicalia kicked me out. We've never been close. I mentioned that later, that he was never a good parent to me, that he never loved me at all. And his reply was, "You're right there." Or something like that. Well, good to finally know, ten years later. I'm so sorry for him. He deserves a lot of pity. Such a stunted man. And he thinks we're screwed up. I've got all my adult years ahead of me, thank god. The only things he came up with when I said that he never did anything for me were 1. teaching me to drive (ok, yeah. he taught me how to drive standard. but so did my mum, and this was all after I had gotten driving lessons in Vancouver of my own accord.) 2. giving me rides (big fucking deal. getting a ride with him was like pulling teeth, and he always wanted something in return. like it was such a big inconvenience for him. jerk.) 3. found me a car (it isn't a car i want and was more money than i wanted to spend) It seems that he's given me so much...

No comments: