Thursday, January 3, 2008

Pools of sorrow, waves of joy are drifting through my open mind, possessing and caressing me...

2007 was interesting.... Tough, fun, dramatic, difficult, emotional, exciting.
Some of the things I did:

-had my worst hangover yet on New Year's Day
-got sort of kicked out of a shared suite
-got my money back from my landlord with perfect timing
-missed a party and had my house broken into
-shared a bedroom with my mom... that blew
-slept in an office room
-restored my relationship with my mother
-struggled and fought with my ex-step-father
-had a lot of fun with friends
-had a lot of fun with weed
-watched a lot of movies
-learned a lot about myself
-learned a lot about other people
-totally cut the ties with a bad friend
-stopped taking shit from friends
-got the perfect cat from the SPCA
-got my money back from people i loaned to, never doing that again
-stayed up late a lot
-went to Coachella
-went to the Yukon and drove back
-traded in the Corolla and got a slightly older car that I really enjoy
-had my father move to Jamaica and hardly noticed his absence from the country
-was still confused by guys
-gained close friends that I didn't expect but am very grateful for
-watched a hell of a lot of South Park
-drove a lot
-got my hair cut for free and loved it
-got more confident in some ways
-learned how to knit
-spent a lot of time in the green room
-probably cried a lot but was less depressed on the whole
-started working at Mermaid's Mug
-made some props
-started enjoying Shakespeare more than ever
-found a bunch of music that I enjoy
-developed more tolerance for coffee
-had my grandpa die
-had my dog die
-had some fun with my sister
-realized that I'm a fighter
-discovered the Marley brothers
-enjoyed being with my mom and sister
-had some great conversations
-had accupuncture
-played some DS games
-recognized that I need a certain amount of poetry in my life
-had a couple of awkward sexual situations
-improved myself but I'm not done
-felt like I brought food with me where ever I went
-kept in touch with my oldest friends
-saw a few people (family and friends) for who they really are and stopped being surprised by crappy behaviour
-did a bunch of over-analyzing
-panicked about what to do next year

And for 2008? I want....

-a pony! (haha. actually, not.)
-to exercise more until I feel very pleased with my body (and get some endorphins flowing)
-to perhaps play my instruments (what, learn the trumpet after owning it since grade 8? what a novel idea.)
-to be more free with myself
-to reduce my worrying and analyzing habits
-to keep up the friendships I already have and gain new ones
-to be happier single
-to try out some awesome knitting patterns
-to read more books for fun
-to spend more time around guys (not to get laid... i just spend all my time with girls and i think more guy friends would be cool)
-to do more activities apart from sitting around smoking (fun as that is.)
-to spend more time outside
-to get my passport and then use it
-to laugh even more
-to have more good conversations
-to move away from Nanaimo
-to visit Vancouver or Victoria more, depending on which city I move to
-to see more of Canada
-to have a good roommate who loves cats if I live with other people
-to maybe love with more abandon? Or just have it returned? Or just be happy without it. That would be less trouble.
-to figure out a life path, even if it's just for now
-to have my mom get a puppy. Puppy! I miss having a dog.
-to see more concerts


And here's a tip for the rest of the sick people right now: saline nasal mist. It works wonders. I can breathe when I go to bed now. Hurray!

1 comment:

Let Go said...

Is it weird that I actually do want a pony? heehee...