Wednesday, April 16, 2008

You give "gay" a bad name...

And that about sums up that nonsense. Fucking ridiculous.

Shit like that makes me proud of myself, actually. I know that I will never be that desperate.

The past couple days I have actually been enjoying my alone time more than usual. I like driving by myself. I like being alone in the house. I think I would really enjoy having a single apartment, but I'd rather not just because of the expense. And I'm not giving up the cat. No. Not an option. I do enjoy having someone greet me when I come home, even if she is stinky sometimes.

That being said, as of right now and the last few days, I am happy as is. I'm excited for summer times. It's great a great feeling to wake up and know that I have one or two things to accomplish, and no classes or homework to bother about. I'm excited to get more exercise in and feel better in my skin.

I love having people to hang out with, but on those nights when everyone is working or has other plans, I am content to just be at home and watch a movie or tv by myself. I might even go to the theatre by myself one of these days. I'll certainly rent movies for myself. It's fun. The only times that might shake my resolve are times of being a wheel, but those don't happen much at all anymore. For that I am grateful. It's difficult (but not impossible) to really have fun as the only single person in a herd of couples. It just takes a bit away from the fun.

Being happy and comfortable with my singledom is a good step. I just have to keep it up. And then the next step will be to be comfortable with attention and come to around to being comfortable with the idea of being WITH someone. Ugh. Not ready for that step yet. *shudder*

1 comment:

Ky said...

being a single person around couple is just no fun at all