I watched a lot of tv today. First, I watched Serenity. And that made me cry, because nice characters died. And some almost died. And it was all very suspenseful and exciting.
And then I watched Match Point. Holy mind-fuck, Woody Allen. It totally went in a different direction than I expected, and even though after an hour I felt like it had been three, it was still an excellent movie.
And then I watched some stupid tv. Like The Fabulous Lives of Celebrity Wives, which is about outrageously weathly, mostly useless people. But it got me thinking about their real lives. Like, do they actually work out their problems, or do they just throw money at them and pretend everything is fine? Shaquille O'Neill spent $100 000 on his wife's Mother's Day celebration a few years ago. Does this mean that they're happy together and have a real connection, or is their marriage just a show? And then the divorces! All of the money spent on ex-spouses! It's incredible. What fascinates me is the beginning of relationships, as compared to the end. All of the lovey-dovey affection and gifts, all the promises that aren't kept up. Marriage is so much bigger than we make it out to be. Fuck, it's huge! We change so much over the course of our lives, and we can be so blind to others that I can't understand why we think we can just stick with one person and have them be it. In theory, it's possible. But I think there should be a major test given before marriage. And not just any test, a tricky, disguised test to see how committed each person really is. How do you know that your love can last unless you've gone through a wave of crap, come out the other end, and had a shower together?
Damn, now I'm just thinking about sex. Focus lost.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Welcome to my world.
Also, "outrageously weathly, mostly useless people" is the perfect way to describe such people. Actually, "mostly useless" is a good way to describe many people in general haha.
Mmmm... shower... and boy... shower-boy sammich... eheheheeeee.
Post a Comment